Charles Clark, M.D.
Dr. Charles Clark’s journey to Retina Specialty Institute is filled with happy coincidences and chance encounters.
Born and raised in Orlando, Dr. Clark has spent all but two years of his life, so far, in the Sunshine state. During his tenure as a research assistant at the University of Florida, Dr. Clark would find himself pulled toward the ophthalmology field.
Trading “gator chomps” for “tomahawk chops”, Dr. Clark would obtain his medical degree from Florida State University College of Medicine in 2008. Dr. Clark would begin his internship at the same hospital that he was born, Orlando Regional Medical Center. He would complete his residency in ophthalmology at Shands Hospital in Gainesville and a fellowship in vitreoretinal surgery with close to 1,000 surgeries completed at the Retina Specialists of Alabama.
Dr. Clark joins Retina Specialty Institute’s Gainesville location, with his optometrist wife, eager to be closer to family in Orlando. In his free time, Dr. Clark golfs, refines his cooking and wine knowledge, and participates in charity giving.
Dr. Clark’s accomplishments and experiences include:
• Joined Retina Specialty Institute in 2014
• Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
• Fellowship in vitreoretinal surgery, Retina Specialists of Alabama, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
• Residency in ophthalmology, Shands Hospital, University of Florida, Gainesville
• Internship, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando
• M.D., Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee
• B.S., University of Florida, Gainesville